Friday 4 May 2018

Inspiring Innovative Teaching Practice

Two years ago I had the amazing experience of working for one of Ontario's Provincial Schools in Milton.  Trillium Demonstration School is part of the Provincial Schools Branch and serves students with profound learning differences in reading and writing.   The year I was there on secondment was a year of exponential growth for me as both a teacher, and a leader.  I shared in this growth with my students and my colleagues in multi grade level, multi-disciplinary, innovative project based learning which resulted in my team receiving the prestigious Provincial Amethyst Award.  The project?  The Trillium Empathy Experience - a digitally interactive multi-media art curation, which focused on the bringing awareness to empathy through story.  There is so much to share with you!!  Peruse the following links to get an in depth look into the evolution this project, to discover how innovation can change learning for everyone involved.

The Empathy Experience Website
Picture

Community Partner: Armodilo - Article
Armodilo Tablet Stand Enclosure Trillium Experience iPad Banner


My Experience: Inspiring Innovative Teaching Practice


Building the Trillium Empathy Experience

The Trillium Demonstration School Team and I receiving The Ontario Ministry of Education's Amethyst Award for integrative and collaborative teaching.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hacking Leadership with Passion Projects Part 2!

  Back in first semester, I wrote about my learning journey this year as an educator and leader in my school. After reading ab...